Thursday, June 9, 2011

couponing


Watch out world, I've entered the land of couponing!! I've been having sooo much fun couponing lately. The thrill, the savings, everything is just exciting to me! Unfortunately we live in the land of 'do not double' so that show "Extreme Couponing" will not ever be the case while we live here in the Central Valley but it is still exciting to watch your receipt fall as your coupons are entered!

Above is a picture of my loot from Sunday. Sunday was my biggest shopping trip yet! The coupons were fabulous in Sunday's paper and I knew I'd have some help so I decided to take advantage and start growing my stockpile. I shopped at Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS. Thankfully two are literally right across the street from each other and the other one is just a few streets away. As you can see, I got all brand name stuff. 6 Tide stain release packs, 4 Crest 3D Whitening toothpaste, 2 Crest whitening toothpaste with bonus and $10.00 in extra coupons attached!! 6 Crest ProHealth 1ltr bottles, 1 Sobee lifewater, 1 Ritz crackerfuls (with rain check from last week), 6 Excedrin 8ct, 6 Stride gum, 2 Veet hair remover, 3 Electric Oral-B toothbrushes, 3 replaceable heads for the electric toothbrushes, and 6 Manual/Electric Oral-B toothbrushes. The total retail value for my purchases was $228.02. I paid out of pocket $77.40. Now this is waaaay more than I usually spend but I triple purchased all of my items (since I had 2 other ladies with me and the stores stocks had plenty). The good news is this, I received $78.47 back in rewards!! That means that although I spent a lot, I actually MADE money on the deal!!! $1.07 to be exact!

While shopping on Sunday, I mentioned that I really needed some hand soap. I was beginning to get low and knowing that it must go on sale at some point, I really wanted to wait till I could find a great deal. I misread the label at Rite Aid and didn't realize what a great deal there was until I found it on a blog I was following. They have Dial soap on sale with a B1G1 offer regular price $2.29. Good but not that great of a deal $1.15 is way more than I was willing to spend. Then when you read the little fine print (what I happen to miss the first time) it said that you receive a $2.00 register reward when you purchase two. That's $0.15 a bottle!!!
Since that was such a great deal, I grabbed Brit and we headed down to get more!!

My grocery shopping trip was not as exciting but still showed savings from all my hard work. I saved 62% at Vons and 44% at Savemart. I decided to go to two stores this week only because Vons had given me a rain check for items they ran out of a few weeks back. Plus they had a really great sale on over 3,000 items. Between these already discounted items and my coupons, I was able to get some great deals! Savemart had really cheap cereal (with a coupon, of course), eggs last week plus a few more 'requests' from Chuckie. Plus, it is just around the corner and made for a fast trip.

I also went to Kohls to get a few things for my husband. I bought 5 t-shirts for him and 1 button up shirt for Blake. With coupons and I only paid $5.00 (and change)!!

I hope you all have just as good luck with your coupons this week!!

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures on this blog are adorable! Love it! And I did have good luck with my coupons this week- got 3 boxes of kleenex for 39 cents total (after 2 coupons), 2 boxes of dryer sheets for 79 cents total (after a coupon and a rebate) and a tub of cottonelle flushable wipes for free (with a coupon I sent away for)!
    Yay for us!
    -Alisa

    ReplyDelete