Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It is gone forever

Well... Ab's tooth had to be taken out.
I'm definitely taking it harder than she is.
She cried but did great.

There really wasn't enough tooth left to fill it.
If I had chosen to fill it,
it would have only lasted 1 week to 3 months.
It would have cost us $300 for a temporary fix.
The next time it fell out,
we more than likely would have to pull it then.

It was too sharp to leave
and if any food got caught in it
(it had a big pocket in it)
it could get infected and then...
we'd have to pull it.

So... all roads led to extraction.
The decision was just now or later.
I just didn't want my pretty little girl to not have her front tooth.
Selfish, I know
but... that's how I feel.

On a side note,
I LOVED the dentist.
Couldn't have asked for a nicer man.
Seriously, after the procedure
the nurse came and got me
and I found him,
holding her bouncing in the hallway,
telling her that she was so brave
and that mommy was coming.

I'll try to post pictures soon.
No promises though.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Chuckie's migraine. Between missing class and the pain, he must be miserable. Hopefully the meds will kick in soon and he will be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little beautiful girl will be beautiful with or without her tooth! Our precious angel... What a stressful day. Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete