Wednesday, September 15, 2010

mommies sick day

so... like i said yesterday,
i had a massive migraine.
i used to get these often but thank God
i haven't gotten but a few since i've been
pregnant and/or nursing
during the last 5 1/2 years.
i hate, hate, hate taking anything
that might affect my babies.
i don't even like taking tylenol or anything stronger
so... i'm very thankful.
but... last night was a completely different story.
yesterday started off fun and exciting.
we did school
(i'll post pictures and explain soon)
then headed off to run our errands.
everything went smooth expect my
headache continued to get worse
and worse
and worse.
until i finally took some tylenol.
it was so bad the tylenol didn't even phase it.
i would have been in tears
except that only makes it worse
i know from past experience.
thankfully chuck made it home
and helped with the kids
and gave me stronger meds.
my kids were so sweet.
beware... below is a picture.
i don't look great but it shows how mommies
take sick days.
here i lay,
in a massive amount of pain,
nursing (and yes, she is really nursing) ab's to sleep,
holding an icepack,
with blue bear and kitty kitty
on my lap to make me feel better.
and here is a picture of the 'presents'
i received to make me feel better too.
can you see the joy, uh, pain on my face?
brayden spent probably 15 minutes
collecting things around the house to make these presents for me.
he was so proud of his presents
and just new they were going to make me feel better.
the presents were sweet
but the cuddles i got after were so much greater.

thankfully today,
the pain is gone
but as anyone who has had a migraine knows
the next day... you feel like a mack truck has run you over.
tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment