Thursday, September 9, 2010

diapers

are you ready??
i'm going to give my official opinion on diapers.
i know you are probably so excited to read this blog, lol.

i've only had three children
and there are many other mommy's out there who have more
but i think any mom who has had just one child
is an expert on diapers.
we all know how many diapers you go through with just one =)

when my babies were ittie bittie,
they loved to be on the changing table.
they would coo and talk and smile and just melt my heart!!
remember when they had no control and they would
just pee right on you? lol.

when they became a toddler,
it became a challenge to keep them still long enough
to get that diaper fastened.
you all remember those days,
running after your toddler,
watching them belly laugh as you see their cute little bootie
running as fast as they can away from you =)

then operation 'no more diapers' starts.
you start thinking of all the money you'll save
and how you'll not miss the smell of a poopie diaper.
little does the first time mommy know
there are lots and lots more bootie wipings to come, no worries =)

i honestly don't mind changing diapers.
weird, i know but it's the truth.
i change about 99% of the diapers in this house.
my husband doesn't really prefer to change them.
he is known for holding the baby just close enough
to mommy for them to reach out and ask to be held
and then letting me know a diaper needs to be changed.
he thought he was being sly.
funny huh?? uhhh... NO!
don't worry ladies,
i make him change a diaper here and there
just to make sure he remembers how.

my children are so close in age
i've always had a newborn and a toddler in diapers together.
so since i've been buying diapers
and changing diapers everyday
for 5 & 1/2 years
i'm ready to give my official opinion.

little boys and little girls pee differently.
there is no question about that.
all diapers are slightly different, yes.
but the question is,
is generic actually cheaper?
my answer is no.
you can doubt me
or even try to debate it with me
but i stand firm on 'no'.

i've given the generic diaper a try with each baby.
and each time i've said that it wasn't worth it.
i've just gone through my third try with ab's
(since girls are supposed to be better with generic)
and i'm sorely disappointed.

not only did they give her a diaper rash
but they are sized smaller and hold less pee than my huggies brand.

i cannot figure out how they are saving me money.
since the diapers are smaller
i should actually be buying the next size larger
which means less diapers per box for the same amount of money.
they hold less pee.
so i'm changing her diaper twice as often.
as as much as i don't mind changing diapers
i sure don't want to change them constantly.
and... i'm now paying for diaper rash cream.

generic diapers do not equal savings in my book!

i know... to each his own.
but my opinion stands firm.

generic diapers equal more money not less, period.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo with you on this. I will pay more and keep my Huggies, thankyouverymuch! :)
    <3 Birdie

    ReplyDelete