Friday, December 31, 2010

blue lights flashing in my rear view mirror

i was given some kohls cash at christmas time and needed to use this free money before january 1st. i went to kohls the other day and was frustrated since the store was so picked over from christmas that i left empty handed. i was still hopeful that i would be able to find something at another store.

so yesterday while my dog was at the vet (again. a super long story which i'm too frustrated to repeat) and my in-laws had my kids, i decided to give kohls in clovis a try. i walked around and around the store looking for something for me. i rarely ever buy things for me so this was special. i was getting very frustrated since i just couldn't find anything (by the way, kohls has a massive clearance on kids clothes if anyone is in need) i finally walked in the home goods section and found these decorative hour glasses. they were really kinda pretty and they were 75% off. after not finding anything i was interested in i decided these would be pretty cool for our homeschooling. i calculated in my head they would be about $10.00 more than my $10.00 kohls cash if i bought all three of them so although i wasn't buying something for me, i was using my free money so i was happy. when i got to the register, they rang up at only 40% off and not 75% off. the young man at the register went ahead and adjusted my bill told me my total, $10.32, i paid and as i was walking to my car, i realized i didn't use my kohls cash. i was soo mad!! i grabbed my receipt to go back in and use it when i realized what had happened. my hour glasses rang up at 40% off THEN he adjusted it with a 75% off. SCORE one for me!!

i decided to keep my cash and head back later, lol. after chuckie came home, i went out to the riverpark kohls (3 different kohls in 3 days, lol) as i was turning off of blackstone onto the kohls street, i noticed blue flasing lights in my rear view mirror. i immediately looked around looking for someone that did something wrong, lol. i pulled over for him to pass and he followed me!! it was then that my heart dropped. i knew i didn't do anything wrong. i wasn't speeding, i used my blinker, i stopped completely, i wasn't even listening to the radio so i was confused plus i never even saw him. then he came to my window and asked if i knew my plates were expired. i told him i did, but i never received them in the mail. they were paid though. he was really nice and asked for my licence. i handed it to him and dispatch confirmed that they were paid. he kindly suggested i call dmv. we talked about locking mail boxes, his siren/lights, etc for a few minutes. then he said he hoped i had a good evening, i said the same and told him to stay safe. he stopped looked back and thanked me for saying that and then left. after hearing all the stories that my husband comes home with, the term 'stay safe' is increasingly coming up more and more in my vocabulary. i wasn't upset he pulled me over, i was glad to see that the police are actively out there protecting us. if you don't do anything wrong then you won't get in trouble.

as far as kohls, i gave up and found a 2 pack of melmo (elmo) sleeper jammies with cupcakes on them for abigayle for $10.20. plus a pair of panties for 70 cents. kohls cash used, baby girl THRILLED, no ticket = successful trip (finally)

No comments:

Post a Comment